Monday, October 16, 2017

Career Change

Earlier this year, I was a mom that had to wear many hats. Not only did I have a career of my own that I would work full time but would bring work home with me. I also, had to be a mommy and think and plan on fun activities to do on the weekend, dinner planning and diaper changing. I needed to me a caring wife, who kept up with cleaning the house, laundry and finding time to make sure my husband knew he was loved. Geez, that sounds like a lot! 

Our family made a decision to move out of state. where my husband took an opportunity with a growing company. I needed to resign from my career. That was very difficult to do. Not only was the company that I worked for amazing. They really were family. I know, I saw them, more then my family. 

After moving we realized as a family that my energy would be better utilized if I was to be a stay at home mom.

Being a stay at home mom, was never a career that I thought about. I thought that was never an option, that I had to have a career of my own. Sometimes, I still think this way. Then I look at these little eyes and the tiny smiles and know we made the right choice. 

Has it been challenging, I would be lying if I said a bold no. Has my time been rewarding? Yes! My little girl can count to twelve, knows most shapes and colors. Little boy I feel is hitting his milestone before his big sister did. The question that I ask daily, Is this all possible because I am a stay at home mom, giving both children individual attention or would all this have happened if they were in daycare.

These last few months have been interesting, to say the least. I am enjoying every moment this life of mine has to offer. 

"Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things will always work out." Gordon B.Hinckley


No comments:

Post a Comment