Monday, December 17, 2018

Daughters 3rd Birthday

 Earlier this year my little girl started understanding birthdays and birthday parties. She has had the opportunity to attend may parties this year. One aspect that she picked up on was, there was a theme. When she understood that, she, herself decided what her birthday party was going to be this year. Tolls and Dinosaur party!

She was very specific as to what kind of trolls and dinosaurs are acceptable. She did not want the cartoon dinosaurs. No, she wanted the dinosaurs from Jurassic World. (Please note, she has never seen any of the Jurassic movies). However, all Trolls and even a Bergen or two were acceptable to have at the house.

Like any mom I first turned to Pinterest. However, there are no ideas on how to do a combined party. So I looked each topic up individually. I picked some ideas from both themes and mixed them together. Here is how it all cam together.

Any and every party needs a Happy Birthday Sign, I had picked up one of each, a Trolls and a Jurassic World Sign. I picked up a photo booth area, featuring items to use from the Trolls Movie. I had Streamers both dinosaur and trolls. My husband found a hat like mask that was in the shape of a raptor.

I picked up a chocolate cake from Costco. If you have never had one of their cakes, I recommend it, they are moist, sweet frosting and are so very filling. Costco makes dinosaur cakes, I was in luck! I made  chocolate cupcakes with a butter cream frosting. I separated the frosting into multiple bowls and added different color to each. I combined the frosting in a piping bag and frosted each cupcake.

Finally a child's party is not complete without balloons. We acquired both Trolls and Jurassic World Balloons from Party Store and Amazon. However, it is worth mentioning that if you do but the balloon somewhere else some places will either have a small fee or will not blow the balloons up at all. We were lucky enough that there was just a added charge.


The party went well and our little girl still talks about her birthday party as if it was last week. Below are some of the pictures of that day. I hope this will help another mama out that has a child that likes a little of everything. I am excited to see what she will pick for her next birthday.






No comments:

Post a Comment